First, you should pay attention to why it is better to live in a clean and tidy house. Although you do not believe in it, it affects people’s mood.
Here are three main benefits:
- Reducing the risk of disease. The increase in the amount of dust and bacteria causes many typical allergic reactions and other problems.
- Improving mood. Everyone loves when there is order around and it smells nice. It is unconscious, but strongly affects the mood and household chores.
- This is a form of exercising. Cleaning requires energy, which is good for your body. When you finish, you can feel relieved and happy that you have completed the task.
5 tips for keeping the house clean
How you can change your habits to keep the house in order?
With these simple cleaning methods, you will find that these are small daily efforts that will make your life easier.
1. Keep the floor clean every day
If you spend five minutes a day wiping the floor, you will find that cleaning will be much easier. Do not allow dust and debris to accumulate, instead, wash the floor daily with a damp mop.
If there is no such need, just sweep it to remove any dirt. You can do this every afternoon.
2. Make the bed
Yes, we know that many people hate it. However, a room with make bed gives the impression that the room is tidy.
It is best to do this in the morning after you get up. If possible, also leave the windows open to ventilate the room.
Sheets should be washed once a week in hot water.
3. Fold clothes or hang them on hangers
The feeling of clutter in the house is often created by scattered clothes. To avoid this, you should develop the habit of not leaving clothes in the wrong places.
- When you return home, hang your outerwear.
- After the shower, put dirty clothes in the laundry basket.
- If you change clothes to go out or go to bed, leave your clothes on a chair or in the wardrobe to the next day.
These are simple actions, but they will have a great visual effect.
4. Clean the shower and bath once a day
While this may seem a bit redundant, but cleaning your shower after taking a shower is really effective.
- You can wipe the walls with a rag with detergent to avoid the accumulation of soap and mold.
- You can also spend a few minutes in the bathroom to quickly clean the toilet and sink.
With very little effort, you will radically change the look of your bathroom.
5. Make time for daily family cleaning
Assign tasks to each family member:
- washing dishes
- taking out the trash
- feeding pets
- sweeping floor
If you live alone, try to do it, even if it takes longer.
These are small responsibilities that will really change the situation. They also help teach children responsibility and help all members of your family live happily together.
Finally, it is worth telling that it is not about constantly cleaning everything. You do not need to go to extremes to achieve balance and a sense of well-being in your home.
It’s about daily habits and creating a healthy and pleasant home environment. You don’t have to be obsessed, just be consistent.
Picture Credit: Unsplash