Did you know that lemons can be used instead of store-bought stain removers? And by mixing natural lemon juice with dishwashing liquid, you can easily get rid of plaque on all surfaces.
Believe me, from now on lemons will live in your home forever because they can be used to solve many household problems.
Incredible ways to use lemons
1. Lemons will help lose extra pounds
By mixing lemon juice with water, you will get a natural cleanser for internal use. That is why nutritionists recommend regular consumption of lemons to those who want to lose weight.
Also, lemons remove toxins from the body and prevent the appearance of signs of premature aging of cells.
2. Lemons strengthen the immune system
Due to their powerful antibacterial properties and high content of vitamin C, lemons have the ability to activate the body’s defense mechanisms and neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals. For these reasons, you need to regularly eat lemons to strengthen the immune system.
3. Citrus eliminates odors in the fridge
If something is wrong with your fridge and it now smells bad, don’t delay:
- First of all, throw away spoiled foods.
- Soak a cotton swab in a small amount of fresh lemon juice.
- Place the wand inside the refrigerator and leave it there for a few hours.
- The cotton swab will absorb bad odors, instead, leave a pleasant citrus aroma.
4. Use of lemons for disinfection of premises
The citric acid contained in these delicious citrus fruits has powerful antibacterial properties. If you do not have lemons in your fridge, we advise you to go shopping immediately, because these fruits effectively fight all germs and bacteria in the room.
By mixing fresh lemon juice with baking soda, you will get a great home disinfectant.
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- Mix fresh lemon juice with baking soda in a small bowl.
- Dip a sponge into this mixture and use it to wipe off the areas where dirt usually accumulates.
5. With the help of lemons you can clean the microwave
It is inside this indispensable electrical device that most dirt and grease accumulates. Unfortunately, cleaning the microwave is quite difficult.
If you also regularly face the problem of cleaning the microwave, then you will be useful ordinary lemons.
How to clean the microwave:
- Pour a glass of fresh lemon juice into a container suitable for heating in the microwave.
- Place the juice container inside the microwave and heat it for 5 minutes.
- During this time, the evaporation of the lemon juice will soften all the fat and dirt that has penetrated deeply, and you can easily wipe off their remnants with a sponge.
6. Lemons will eliminate the unpleasant odor from kitchen boards
Kitchen cutting boards are very difficult to clean from unpleasant odors, no matter how hard you try to do it.
Usually, after cutting products with a strong smell, such as onions and garlic, the boards begin to smell bad. That is why it is necessary to clean them carefully so that the smell is not transmitted to other products.
How to clean kitchen boards with lemons?
- Cut the lemon in half and grate the kitchen boards.
- Set the boards aside for a few hours for the lemon juice to take effect.
- Then wash the kitchen boards thoroughly with dishwashing detergent.
Picture Credit: Unsplash