Have you ever noticed the appearance of strange spots on your body?
Today we will tell you about age spots and how to get rid of them with natural remedies.
Although these age-related blemishes are painless and do not pose a health risk, most people still want to get rid of these skin spots for aesthetic reasons.
Age spots: everything you need to know about them
Usually, small defects on the face or body are called age spots, pigment spots, or liver spots. These are flat brown or black marks that can appear on different parts of the body.
Most age spots can be seen on the face, neck, and outer surface of the palms. However, in some people, pigment spots appear on other parts of the body, including the arms, back, or feet.
Age spots usually appear in people over the age of 50. The reason for their appearance is considered to be the excessive effect of harmful ultraviolet sunlight on the skin.
The size of the spots in each person is different. Although age spots are usually completely safe for a person, if they appear, we recommend that you consult a doctor to confirm that the spots on the skin are not evidence of cancer.
Pigmentation on the face, neck, and arms is quite common. Note that age spots are more common in women.
When a person is in the sun for a long period, the production of melanin in his body increases to create a protective barrier against harmful ultraviolet rays.
The same thing happens when you often use the solarium or sunbathe.
Other causes of age spots include chronic illness, aging, and poor nutrition.
Natural remedies against age spots
Try to reduce age spots with affordable and safe natural remedies.
1. Lemon juice
This is one of the best means to whiten the skin and fight pigment spots.
Citrus acid and antioxidants, which are found in lemons, act as a natural bleach that can make age spots less noticeable. That is why many cosmetic companies use lemon juice in the manufacture of facial whitening products.
Preparing a remedy:
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon and soak a cotton ball or stick in it.
- Apply the mixture to the affected areas and leave for 20 minutes.
- Then wash it with cold water.
- Its recommend that you perform this procedure every day before bedtime.
- If this remedy is applied in the morning, it will have the opposite effect, and the citric acid contained in it will cause even more age spots.
2. Aloe vera
This plant should be in every home because it has a wonderful effect on the condition and appearance of the skin. Thanks to aloe vera you can not only heal small wounds but also forget about pigment spots.
Preparing a remedy:
- Cut the aloe vera shoot lengthwise and squeeze the pulp.
- Wash your face and neck thoroughly, then apply aloe gel on the skin.
- Allow the remedy to dry. It does not need to be washed off.
3. Apple vinegar
Apple vinegar is indispensable in every kitchen because it gives an extraordinary taste to many dishes. However, it can be used not only for cooking but also for skincare and treatment of its various defects and infectious diseases.
Thanks to the acids in its composition, apple cider vinegar is an excellent remedy for removing dead cells and rejuvenating the skin.
- 0.5 tablespoon of apple vinegar
- 1 onion
- 0.5 tablespoon of rose water (5 ml)
Preparing a remedy:
- Peel onion, grate it, and squeeze the juice.
- Add apple vinegar and rose water to the onion.
- Wash your face with baby soap and wipe it dry.
- Apply the finished remedy on age spots.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
4. Castor oil
It is very easy to prepare a natural remedy based on castor oil. All you need to do is apply a few drops of oil on your hands and other areas of the body affected by pigment spots. This procedure should be performed every night before bedtime.
Castor oil is perfect for skin care because it stimulates the production of collagen and elastin.
With regular use of castor oil, the skin will become soft and pigment spots will disappear.
Picture Credit: Pexels