Proper nutrition is very important for the figure, and for health. But it’s very difficult to switch to such food immediately. It is better to go to it gradually. And help in this useful habits.
What good habits will help you come to the right diet?
Proper nutrition involves the use of healthy foods, refusal or reduction in the use of harmful food, compliance with the regime of food intake and much more. How to move to it gradually?
Here are a few useful habits that should be implemented in turn:
- drink plenty of clean water – it speeds up metabolism, improves digestion and cleanses the intestines. It is necessary to drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day. Such a useful habit can be put into practice if you start with 1-2 glasses a day and gradually (slowly!) Increase the dose;
- there are five times a day – a hearty breakfast, a hearty dinner, a light supper, and two snacks. If you do not want to have a snack, it’s not necessary.
- However, the feeling of hunger during the day should not be excruciated, since too much can be consumed during the next meal;
- choose only useful food – you need to accustom yourself to carefully read the labels in the store and choose products with a minimum number of additives (or better, and without them at all);
- diversify the diet – it is worth if possible to buy different products and prepare delicious and healthy dishes. If you constantly eat only 2-3 salads and one soup, then such a menu will quickly get bored. You should pick up some original recipes, this will allow you to enjoy the meal;
- cook with the help of cooking, stewing and baking – sometimes you can fry, but rarely.
Such useful habits will help you easily switch to a healthy diet. The main thing is not to strive to do everything at once. For example, you should first pick up different recipes, buy useful products. Then teach yourself to eat tightly, and then learn to cook for dinner only light meals.
Lose weight: how do healthy habits affect?
Useful habits help not only to maintain and strengthen health, but also to protect the figure. For example, you can make weight loss more effective, if you introduce a couple of such habits in your life.
What kind of habits will help in losing weight?
It is a very useful habit to consume vegetables during each main meal. So, for breakfast it is possible to make a salad or sandwich with vegetables, for lunch – ragout or soup, and for dinner – casserole or vegetable patties.
In addition, weight loss will be more rapid if you accustom yourself to use vegetables that help speed up the metabolism, adjust the digestive process, remove excess water from the body. Such vegetables include: celery, pumpkin, cucumber, spinach, beets, zucchini, parsley, broccoli.
Another useful habit is to reduce salt intake. This product detains fluid in the body, promotes the formation of edema. It is best to teach yourself to add to the dishes a little salt and more spices and herbs. Rosemary, thyme, ginger, dill, garlic, turmeric, basil, oregano and other spices will help improve the taste of the dish and without much salt. In addition, many spices help to accelerate the metabolism, and therefore very useful in losing weight.
The same goes for sugar. Its consumption should be reduced. And instead of it to eat sweet fruits, dried fruits, berries, honey. So, you can cook desserts without adding sugar, just using sweet fruits. And you can cook pastries by adding the minimum amount of sugar and a large amount of dried fruits or sweet berries.
It is useful to lose weight and pay attention to flour. It is best to replace wheat flour with whole grain, rye, buckwheat, oatmeal. You can also mix different types and add a little wheat flour. But in general, to abuse baking is not even worth it if the weight is in a normal state.
If the process of losing weight is slowed down, it is worthwhile to start a food diary and record everything that was eaten during the day. Sometimes it seems that the food was not enough, but in fact it is quite a lot and not too useful. A food diary will help you understand this and revise your behavior and menu.
Picture Credit: stevepb