Spinach smoothies are easy to make at home and you can use many other ingredients. This vegetable is a source of fiber, so it can be an ally on the path to weight loss.
Spinach smoothies are a good alternative to store-bought drinks. Carbonated drinks only lead to weight gain and destroy any plans to improve health. There are many recipes for green cocktails. Some are sweeter and others are fresher, so you will find smoothies for every taste.
Overweight and obesity are the two leading causes of heart disease, circulatory problems, and diabetes. Thus, maintaining a healthy weight is now one of the main goals for many people around the world.
How does spinach smoothies reduce weight?
Spinach is rich in fiber, so it promotes proper digestion and intestinal movement. It also contains protein, iron, potassium, vitamin C, A, E, beta-carotene, folate, and fiber.
As you can see, you need to make these smoothies part of a balanced diet, taking into account the needs of your body.
1. Smoothie with spinach, pineapple, mango
This type of smoothie is fragrant, filling, and has a diuretic effect. The combination of spinach, pineapple, and mango will leave a wonderful taste in the mouth. It is easy to cook if you follow these steps.
- ½ avocado;
- 1 ripe mango;
- 3 slices of pineapple;
- 2 ripe bananas;
- 2 cups chopped spinach;
- ½ glasses of coconut water.
- First, cut the banana, avocado, mango, and pineapple into small pieces.
- Next, wash the spinach.
- Then put all the fruit in a blender along with coconut water with spinach.
- Process everything until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Serve and enjoy.
2. Smoothie with spinach, orange, and kiwi
Try this smoothie if you like fresh drinks with a touch of sweetness.
- 2 oranges;
- 3 kiwis;
- 1 cup washed spinach;
- ½ glasses of water.
- First, peel the oranges and kiwis, cut them into slices.
- Then put them in a blender and add the spinach.
- Add water and stir.
- Serve immediately and enjoy it.
3. Smoothie with spinach, peach, and banana
- 1 banana;
- 2 peaches;
- 1 cup spinach;
- 2 tbsp orange juice;
- ½ glasses of almond milk.
- Cut peaches and bananas into small pieces.
- Add them to the blender along with the spinach.
- Then add orange juice and almond milk.
- Finally, mix until you get a homogeneous mixture and serve.
4. Smoothies with spinach, melon, and yogurt
This cocktail is ideal when you want to satisfy your appetite in the middle of the morning, or before or after exercise.
- 1 cup cabbage;
- 1 cup spinach;
- ½ glasses of regular yogurt;
- ½ glasses of melon;
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut water.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and process them until a homogeneous mixture.
- Then serve and drink (up to two glasses a day).
5. Smoothie with spinach and apple
Apples add a chewy consistency to this strip so that it satisfies your appetite every time you want to have a snack.
- 1 apple;
- lemon juice;
- ½ glasses of water;
- 1 cup spinach;
- a pinch of cinnamon and ginger (optional).
- Chop the apple and mix it with the spinach and lemon juice.
- Then add water to reduce the density of the drink, and drink immediately.
- Drink in moderation as part of breakfast or a snack.
Spinach smoothie is just a supplement to a healthy diet
These should not replace regular food, so drink them with food or as a snack.
Remember to drink water to stay properly hydrated by following a weight loss diet. Also, pay attention to the consumption of fruits and vegetables. You need to maintain variety, as spinach will not provide everything your body needs to function properly.
Finally, we recommend refraining from adding excess sugar and other sweeteners to spinach cocktails to really take advantage of their properties. Try not to exceed the daily sugar intake recommended by the World Health Organization.
Picture Credit: Unsplash