7 Historical Places in Delhi That You Must Explore
The capital city of India is a great place to explore the glorious past of the Mughal Empire. Every nook and corner of Delhi bears a mark of its former rulers through the historical buildings and monuments. Because of this, many get confused which one to pick for their trip to Delhi.
But worry not. You can always opt for One Day Trip that is organized by various travel companies. And if you are on your own, here are 7 best historical places that are a must visit if you truly want to explore Delhi. Keep reading!
- Red Fort: The Red Fort was built in the Mughal era and served as the home to the Mughal Emperors for nearly 200 years which afterward was converted into an army barrack by the British. The red-stone of the Red Fort is something that will mesmerize you with its grand structure. Do visit this place!
- Jama Masjid: Considered as the magnum opus of the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, the Jama Masjid is the largest mosque in our country with a strength of housing nearly 25,000 people at a time. Do not miss to watch the sunset sitting on the back stairs of Jama Masjid.
- Humayun’s Tomb: This place served as the resting place of all the Mughal rulers until Bahadur Shah Jafar, the last Mughal Emperor. The beautiful garden and the nicely maintained park add beauty to this historical place.
- Nizamuddin Dargah: The Dargah of Nizamuddin is a place that symbolizes peace, harmony amongst all cultures and religions. People irrespective of their culture, creed, religion and belief come to this place in order to find true solace with the Quail songs that are performed here every evening. This place is a must visit for you!
- QutabMinar: The tallest tower of India, the QutabMinar is said to be constructed by the Qutab-ud-din-Aibak to commemorate the beginning of the Mughal Empire in India. One of the finest historical places of Delhi, this is a must visit for you. Check out the Quwat-ul-Islam, first mosque of India at the foot of QutabMinar.
- Lodi Gardens: Built by the British rulers, the Lodi Gardens provide you a place to breathe and relax with the vast area the garden is made of. The serenity of this place adds special charm to this historical place. It was built in the year of 1936.
- India Gate: The India Gate was built in remembrance of the soldiers who took part in the First World War and Kargil War and lost their precious lives for their country. Situated at Rajpath, India Gate looks stunning with the evening lights. Do visit this place to pay homage to the brave hearts of our country.
The capital city of India is considered as the most famous tourist destination of our country. People from all over the world come to visit the historical ruins and the heritage buildings of the city. You can also look for the Delhi day tour packages and explore the city! Have a great trip ahead!
Image Credit : ssbmacccomhttp://www.allinoneguestblog.com/2016/11/7-historical-places-delhi-must-explore/http://www.allinoneguestblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/india-gate.jpghttp://www.allinoneguestblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/india-gate-300x300.jpgTravel & LeisureIndia Gate,Jama Masjid,Lodi Gardens,QutabMinar,Red Fort