Learning to live a happier life today, and being a better person doesn’t have to be something that’s impossible, but it also won’t likely happen overnight.
Millions of people around the world every day will inevitably sometimes feel down, discouraged, happy, or even sad. These are normal emotions that everyone experiences, but naturally some handle them differently, and others will make the best of situations while some will fall to the difficulties of life, struggle, “close up,” or even fall into deep depression.
Let’s take a careful look at five realities, recommendations, and ideas for bettering yourself today, and preparing yourself for a happier tomorrow.
- Understand that resilience is key – That is, to appreciate the reality that remaining resilient and optimistic about life and your experiences (see more below) is the best way to obtain positive, effective growth as a person.In other words, you haven’t failed until you’ve quit, so don’t ever give up! People often misinterpret physical or emotional pain as “death” or the end of their life, but this is so far from the truth. In fact, people should use their hard experiences as leverage to do better in life, learn from their mistakes, and make themselves anew.
- Use fear as motivation – That’s right! Use your fear of everyday challenges and experiences as a motivator to do better, do more, and be fruitful and happy while doing so. Fear doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing – and is in fact a normal, common human emotion.
- Professionalism and social interactions – Try to carry yourself, and make the same decisions you would at work when you’re at home with your family or with your friends – and no this doesn’t mean you have to be “all business.” Rather, it means you should consider carrying yourself with the same esteem, confidence, and pride you would at work or during your professional career.
- Know when to rest – May it be an extra 15-minute break during your work day, or giving yourself a little extra sleep, taking small mental breaks can provide serious benefits to your overall mental and physical health. So, never underestimate the power and purpose of good rest.
- Taking care of yourself – from hygiene to physical appearance, all the way to exercising, dieting, and nutrition, always do your best to look your best – and in turn, you’ll feel your best! (No puns intended)
Finally, when life’s got you down, or you feel like you can’t get back up, just ask yourself: “Will I survive?” We know this might sound easier said than done, but the truth is if you can do this, you’ll be all the better off in life now, tomorrow, and in your long-term future.
Image credit: Alexas_Fotos